Laura is kicking off the Summer of Coaching theme with a story not too dissimilar from my own. She is also struggling with an eating disorder but has used the fuel from tackling that to ignite her passion for helping others escape their dead-end jobs and do work they love. She started her life in Puerto Rico before moving to upstate New York, spent some time in Maryland, and is now settled in New York City–at least for the time being!
Other fun facts:
- In 2011, Laura decided to face her body image demons head on and participated in a Burlesque show.
- She has worked in higher education for 10 years in a job that looked fun on paper but was ultimately not fulfilling.
- Starting her own business was part of her lifestyle overhaul that included tackling her eating disorder and discovering what was really important to her in life.
Challenges for YOU this week:
- Reasonable challenge: What demons of your own have you been repressing and ignoring? What help can you get in tackling those issues?
- Bigger challenge: Is it time for you to move to a completely different climate like Laura did?!